Austin Immigration Attorney

For help with
immigration law

Contact Us

Law Office of William Jang, PLLC
314 E Highland Mall Blvd #406
AustinTX  78752
(512) 323-2333

TN Visa/Status – Mexican and Canadian Listed Professionals

Basic Requirements:

TN Visa/Status is available to Mexican and Canadian professionals listed in the Appendix 1603.D.1 of the North American Free Trade Agreement. In order to qualify, the professional must be coming to engage in one of the professional activities listed on 160.03.D.1 and must possess the required credentials for that profession. The perspective work must be through: 1) an employment relationship with a U.S. entity, or 2) contractual relationship with a U.S. entity. The TN visa/status holder must also not have immigrant intent (intent to apply for a green card). Mexicans must obtain a visa approval from a U.S. Consulate Office in Mexico. Canadians can apply for TN visas at the port of entry between United States and Canada.

Duration of Stay:

TN Status is typically granted for three years. As long as the TN professional is engaged in the listed profession and continues not to have immigrant intent, the TN status/visa can be extended indefinitely (typically three years at a time).

Family Members:

Spouse and children (under 21 and not married) are eligible to obtain TN derivative status. They are allowed to accompany the TN professional and remain in the United States. However family members are not allowed to engage in employment. Family members holding TN derivative status may attend schools.


The following is the attorney’s fee that the Law Office of William Jang, PLLC charges for a typical case of this type:
$3,000.00 attorney’s fees

In addition to the above, the Consular Office will have additional filing fees associated with this visa and US CIS will have filing fees associated with change or extension of status petitions.


The Law Office of William Jang, PLLC has experience representing clients to obtain TN visa/status.

Please see a sample of approved cases.

What do we need to get started?

Information and Documents needed for TN

If not in US, Additional Information and Document Needed for TN Visa Application (at a Consulate Office)

home  |  about  |  services  |  fees  |  articles  |  testimonials  |  faqs  |  blog  |  contact  |  sitemap  |  Log in
Law Office of William Jang, PLLC | One Highland Center | 314 E Highland Mall Blvd #406 | Austin, TX 78752 | (512) 323-2333 |
© 2010 Law Office of William Jang, PLLC