Austin Immigration Attorney

For help with
immigration law

Contact Us

Law Office of William Jang, PLLC
314 E Highland Mall Blvd #406
AustinTX  78752
(512) 323-2333

B-2 Visa/Status – Temporary Visitors for Pleasure

Basic Requirements:
B-2 Visa/Status is available for visitors intending to visit the United States for a short time to engage in activities such as, touring and visiting family and friends. Individuals in B-2 status may not engage in employment in the United States and must only engage in legitimate activities. In addition the individual must: be entering for a limited duration, intend to depart prior to the expiration of status, maintain a foreign residence, and have adequate financial arrangements.

Duration of Stay:

Individuals who enter in the B-2 status are typically given an initial status of stay of six months. Extension of this initial status for another six months may be available.

Family Members:

There are no derivative status for B-2. Spouse and children must also have a B-2 Visa.


The following is the attorney’s fee that the Law Office of William Jang, PLLC charges for a extension of this status when filed in the United States at the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (US CIS) (please read the disclaimer at the top of this page) and the filing fee currently charged by US Citizenship and Immigration Service (US CIS):

  • $700.00 attorney’s fees for the application
  • $290.00 US CIS filing fee for the application


The Law Office of William Jang, PLLC has extensive experience representing clients to obtain B-2 status extensions.

Please see a sample of approved cases.

What do we need to get started?

Information and Document Needed for B-2

Sample Retainer Agreement

Terms of Usage

The information provided in this web site is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or circumstances. The information may or may not reflect the most current legal developments. It is for general informational purposes only and is not be construed as legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you have specific questions or need legal representation, or legal advice, please contact the Law Office of William Jang, PLLC at (512) 323-2333.

The Law Office of William Jang, PLLC does not guarantee that the information on this web site is correct or complete. The Law Office of William Jang, PLLC expressly disclaims all liability with respect to any actions taken based on the contents of this web site.

Please be advised that electronic communications such as e-mail, may not be secure and therefore you should not send us confidential or sensitive information through e-mail. Such e-mail communication will not be treated as privileged or confidential.

B-2 Visa FAQs

Can I change my B-2 tourist visa into a work visa?

Yes, under certain circumstances. For example, if you came to the United States for pleasure and later an employer sponsored you for a work visa, you may be able to change your non-immigrant status. Generally, as long as you were lawfully admitted to the U.S. and your non-immigrant status remains valid, you can apply for a change of status. This works for student visas as well as work visas. Although it is possible, changing your status can often be complicated and requires a number of forms and important deadlines, so it is always best to employ a qualified immigration attorney for any visa needs. For more information or to speak to one of our skilled B-2 visa attorneys, please contact us at [phone-number] today.

Can I extend my B-2 visa?

Yes, individuals with both B-1 and B-2 visas are eligible to extend their visas and their time in the United States. The initial stay for these visas is six months, and they may be extended for a maximum of another six months. In order to file for an extension, you must complete Form I-539 with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. It is best to file 45 days before the date your visa ends to ensure that your application has adequate time for review and approval. Additional requirements for visa extension approval include not committing any crimes and not violating the terms of your admission to the country. For more information about how to extend your B-2 visa, please contact any of the qualified Austin B-2 visa attorneys from [firm-name] at [phone-number] today.

What is the difference between a B-1 and B-2 visa?

B-1 and B-2 visas are both temporary non-immigrant visas. The main difference between them lies in the holder’s purpose for visiting the United States. If someone is visiting for business, they will be issued a B-1 visa, and if someone is visiting for pleasure or for medical reasons, they will be issued a B-2 visa. In some cases, a combination B-1/B-2 visa may be issued for those visiting for business but wanting to remain for pleasure or tourism after their work obligations are completed. For more information about the different types of visas and to determine which is best for you, please contact any of our qualified Austin immigration attorneys at [phone-number] today.

home  |  about  |  services  |  fees  |  articles  |  testimonials  |  faqs  |  blog  |  contact  |  sitemap  |  Log in
Law Office of William Jang, PLLC | One Highland Center | 314 E Highland Mall Blvd #406 | Austin, TX 78752 | (512) 323-2333 |
© 2010 Law Office of William Jang, PLLC