Austin Immigration Attorney

For help with
immigration law

Contact Us

Law Office of William Jang, PLLC
314 E Highland Mall Blvd #406
AustinTX  78752
(512) 323-2333

Is my child a US citizen?

The United States of America has certain conditions that confer U.S. citizenship on a child. Perhaps the most direct method is the granting of automatic citizenship for anyone born in the United States, regardless of ancestry or the resident status of their parents. However, a child born outside of the United States to two citizens of the U.S. is also considered a citizen. The Child Citizenship Act of 2000 also allows children under the age of 18, adopted by and in the custody of a parent who is a U.S. citizen to be naturalized once admitted to the US.

For more information on citizenship as it pertains to children, contact the Austin immigration Attorneys of the Law Office of William Jang, PLLC, at 512-323-2333.

home  |  about  |  services  |  fees  |  articles  |  testimonials  |  faqs  |  blog  |  contact  |  sitemap  |  Log in
Law Office of William Jang, PLLC | One Highland Center | 314 E Highland Mall Blvd #406 | Austin, TX 78752 | (512) 323-2333 |
© 2010 Law Office of William Jang, PLLC