Austin Immigration Attorney

For help with
immigration law

Contact Us

Law Office of William Jang, PLLC
314 E Highland Mall Blvd #406
AustinTX  78752
(512) 323-2333

Visas for Spouses of U.S. Citizens

Sustaining a relationship or a family across international boundaries can be difficult. Fortunately, there are ways for a foreign-born spouse of a U.S. citizen to gain entry to the United States. While the petition process is not easy, an experienced Austin immigration attorney can help you navigate the obstacles of your application so that you have the best chance of being allowed into the country. Non-citizen spouses are eligible to apply for the K-3 visa, a nonimmigrant visa that allows them entry while their permanent resident petitions are being processed.

Eligibility and Limits to the K-3 Visa

To qualify for a K-3 visa, a foreign born individual must be a legally recognized spouse of a U.S. citizen. In addition, he or she must have filed for permanent residency (green card) in the United States. The K-3 visa is therefore a temporary visa that is designed to allow foreign-born spouses entry while they wait to be officially granted permanent residency status in the United States. A spouse may remain in the U.S. on the K-3 visa for as long as it takes for their I-130 permanent residency petition to be processed.

Cost of a K-3 Visa

While it is an option to remain overseas until the I-130 application is approved, many foreign-born spouses prefer to enter the U.S. as soon as possible to be with their spouse and family. If you are interested in applying for a K-3 visa, you will be required to pay the following fees for filing and legal assistance:

  • $340 USCIS filing fee for K-3 visa
  • $1,000 attorney’s fees for completing, reviewing, and submitting the K-3 visa application

If you are petitioning for a K-3 visa, it is important to have your application filed completely and as quickly as possible. An incomplete or improperly filled out application could be delayed or denied, preventing you from entering the country.

Contact Us

To learn more about K-3 visas and how an experienced Austin immigration attorney can assist you with your petition, contact the Law Office of Williams Jang, PLLC, at 512-323-2333.

home  |  about  |  services  |  fees  |  articles  |  testimonials  |  faqs  |  blog  |  contact  |  sitemap  |  Log in
Law Office of William Jang, PLLC | One Highland Center | 314 E Highland Mall Blvd #406 | Austin, TX 78752 | (512) 323-2333 |
© 2010 Law Office of William Jang, PLLC