Austin Immigration Attorney

For help with
immigration law

Contact Us

Law Office of William Jang, PLLC
314 E Highland Mall Blvd #406
AustinTX  78752
(512) 323-2333

Permanent Residence

Citizens of countries outside the United States who have been granted legal permission to live and work in the U.S. are known as permanent residents. A “green card” (also known as a permanent residence card) is the document that provides legal proof of a person’s permanent-residence status. Congress has set limitations on the number of people granted green cards each year, and therefore applicants must meet certain eligibility requirements before even applying.

Becoming a Permanent Legal Resident

In most cases, a person who wishes to become a permanent resident must be sponsored by a person or organization from within the United States, usually:

  • A family member
  • An employer
  • A humanitarian organization

However, many other people may be eligible to apply for green card status if they fall into a particular category, such as:

  • A refugee from particular countries
  • A victim of criminal activity or trafficking
  • Foreign diplomats, or children of diplomats born on U.S. soil

There are special adjustment programs to help people in these and many other circumstances achieve permanent resident status.

Contact Us

The process of applying for a green card can take a long period of time and may be complicated by unforeseen circumstances. If you or someone you know is applying to become a permanent resident, the qualified Austin immigration attorneys at the Law Office of William Jang, PLLC, may be able to help. To learn more about how we may be able to help you successfully obtain a green card, contact our offices today by calling 512-323-2333.

home  |  about  |  services  |  fees  |  articles  |  testimonials  |  faqs  |  blog  |  contact  |  sitemap  |  Log in
Law Office of William Jang, PLLC | One Highland Center | 314 E Highland Mall Blvd #406 | Austin, TX 78752 | (512) 323-2333 |
© 2010 Law Office of William Jang, PLLC