Austin Immigration Attorney

For help with
immigration law

Contact Us

Law Office of William Jang, PLLC
314 E Highland Mall Blvd #406
AustinTX  78752
(512) 323-2333

Immigration Visas and Your Engagement

Technological advances have made it easier for people to meet and stay in touch despite the distance between them. Thus, more people than ever before are falling in love with partners from different parts of the world. Affordable travel, international cell phone plans, and the internet can all facilitate a burgeoning cross-border romance. When an international couple becomes engaged, a special kind of visa known as K-1 may be useful in helping them take their relationship to the next level.

If you are involved in an international relationship in which one partner is a U.S. citizen, you could benefit from the services of an Austin immigration attorney. At the Law Office of William Jang, PLLC, we are proud to help couples overcome the legal obstacles and travel restrictions that separate them. To discuss the visa options available to fiancées and fiancés of U.S. citizens, contact us today at 512-323-2333.

What is a K-1 Visa?

An individual who enters the United States with the intention to marry a U.S. citizen may be eligible for a K-1 visa. This kind of visa is exclusively available to those who are traveling to the U.S. for the purpose of marrying their romantic partners. A K-1 visa can be an important stepping stone toward permanent citizenship, but it contains several restrictions. Visa recipients must meet the following requirements:

  • Have met their fiancés/fiancées within the last two years
  • Marry within 90 days of arriving in the United States
  • Leave the United States within 30 days if the above condition is not satisfied

People who hold K-1 visas may find it easier to make the transition to permanent residency after marriage. In addition, children of K-1 visa holders may be eligible for K-2 dependency status in order to accompany their parent to the United States. These advantages make K-1 status an attractive option for people engaged to U.S. citizens.

Contact Us

The attorneys of the Law Office of William Jang, PLLC may be able to help you acquire this unique kind of visa. To find out how an Austin K-1 visa lawyer could play a role in bringing you closer to your loved one, contact us at 512-323-2333 today.

home  |  about  |  services  |  fees  |  articles  |  testimonials  |  faqs  |  blog  |  contact  |  sitemap  |  Log in
Law Office of William Jang, PLLC | One Highland Center | 314 E Highland Mall Blvd #406 | Austin, TX 78752 | (512) 323-2333 |
© 2010 Law Office of William Jang, PLLC