Austin Immigration Attorney

For help with
immigration law

Contact Us

Law Office of William Jang, PLLC
314 E Highland Mall Blvd #406
AustinTX  78752
(512) 323-2333

EB-3 Third Preference Visas

Employment-based immigration involves moving to the United States for job-related reasons. There are a number of different visa types available to foreign workers who are interested in moving to and working in the United States. One such visa, called the EB-3 visa, offers permanent residency to those who qualify so that they can work in the U.S. for an extended period of time. The EB-3 is known as a third preference visa, behind EB-1 and EB-2 visas that are reserved for extraordinary workers and advance-degreed professionals, respectively.

Who Can Apply for an EB-3 Visa?

EB-3 visas are available to professionals, skilled workers, and unskilled workers seeking employment in the U.S. Professionals must have at least a bachelor’s degree, skilled workers must have at least two years of training and experience, and those without the requisite two years’ experience are classified as unskilled workers. Unskilled workers are technically eligible for an EB-3 visa; however, they are typically considered only after all professionals and skilled workers have been accepted.

Petitioning for an EB-3

To apply for an EB-3, you must first find a job and have a position guaranteed to you in the U.S. At this point you can begin working on your EB-3 petition by completing the following:

  • Ask employer to complete labor certification with Department of Labor
  • Ask employer to file for an immigrant petition
  • Complete the immigrant petition
  • Submit completed petition to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS)

It may take several years to obtain an EB-3 visa because of the sheer number of applicants who petition for this type of visa. Many EB-3 applicants wait as long as 7 years for a visa to be issued. Once you receive your visa, however, you will be granted permanent residency status in the U.S. and will be permitted to live and work within the country.

Contact Us

Fortunately, enlisting the help of a knowledgeable immigration attorney can get you through the EB-3 immigration process as quickly and smoothly as possible. To speak with an experienced Austin EB-3 visa lawyer about applying for an EB-3 visa to work in the United States, contact the Law Office of William Jang, PLLC, today at 512-323-2333.

home  |  about  |  services  |  fees  |  articles  |  testimonials  |  faqs  |  blog  |  contact  |  sitemap  |  Log in
Law Office of William Jang, PLLC | One Highland Center | 314 E Highland Mall Blvd #406 | Austin, TX 78752 | (512) 323-2333 |
© 2010 Law Office of William Jang, PLLC