Austin Immigration Attorney

For help with
immigration law

Contact Us

Law Office of William Jang, PLLC
314 E Highland Mall Blvd #406
AustinTX  78752
(512) 323-2333

EB-2 Advanced Degreed Professional Visa Eligibility

The United States offers many different types of visas for foreigners who are interested in working in or immigrating to the country. Employment-based immigration visas are divided into five major types: EB-1 through EB-5. These visa types are ranked in order of preference, with EB-1 visas being for first-preference workers, EB-2 for second-preference workers, and so on. The EB-2 visa gives an advanced degreed professional from another country the opportunity to obtain a green card and work in the U.S.

Who May Qualify?

In order to be eligible to receive an EB-2 visa, the applicant must hold an advanced degree that is at least equivalent to a Master’s degree in the United States or have experience equivalent to a Master’s degree. Based on the qualifications outlined by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years’ experience to qualify as the equivalent to a Master’s degree.

Applying for an EB-2

If you meet the above requirements, you may file an EB-2 application with USCIS. First, however, the applicant should apply for and obtain Labor Certification from the U.S. Department of Labor. Labor Certification shows that the applicant is filling a need in the U.S. labor market by taking a position that currently cannot be filled by a U.S. worker, and that taking the position will not adversely affect the pay rate or working conditions of U.S. workers in similar positions.

Once you have obtained your Labor Certification, you may file your EB-2 application. If you have a spouse and/or children under age 21, you can request to obtain a green card for them as well.

Contact Us

Applying for a visa to work in the United States can be a complicated process with many legal pitfalls. An experienced Austin immigration lawyer can help to guide you through your application so that it is submitted completely and on time. To learn more about our immigration law services, contact the Law Office of William Jang, PLLC, at 512-323-2333.

home  |  about  |  services  |  fees  |  articles  |  testimonials  |  faqs  |  blog  |  contact  |  sitemap  |  Log in
Law Office of William Jang, PLLC | One Highland Center | 314 E Highland Mall Blvd #406 | Austin, TX 78752 | (512) 323-2333 |
© 2010 Law Office of William Jang, PLLC